History of our Approved Master Plan
Our existing approved master plan has been in effect since 1998, when we reached agreement with the Park City Council on our large scale master plan development. In 2001, an amended agreement that included adjustments in phasing, parking configurations, traffic patterns and the site plan was approved by the Council. Total approval for development under that agreement was 1,156,787 square feet, with 805,700 square feet remaining after the construction of the Marriott Mountainside and Legacy Lodge. The agreement also provides for five separate development parcels, with building heights reaching 5-6 stories above ground across much of the build-able footprint.
Being a Good Neighbor and Partner
For 50 years, we have valued our relationship with the Park City community and taken our responsibilities as a community member seriously. That does not change now. Our Woodward plan continues our tradition of being good and responsible stewards of the community. Those benefits include:
- An increase in local property values over both the long and short term
- Increased business at area retail/dining/lodging locations – particularly during the spring & fall shoulder season valleys that Woodward’s year-round operation will help fill
- Further position Park City as a premier destination for future visitors and guests as well as a continued hub for the next progression of world-class training, recreation programming, and events & competitions
- Continue the momentum Park City has generated as a world-class summer destination by offering even more recreation opportunities for destination guests and locals
- Create a safer, more user-friendly environment for all resort guests, including those staying at neighboring properties
Resort managers and Woodward Park City planners have already met with many of the property managers and home owners associations of the resort’s neighboring properties. We look forward to meeting with additional official owners groups as the process continues.
The next meeting dates in front of the Park City Planning Commission are: